Science (Grade 3) - Forces Causing Movement
Grade 3 students will learn about the ways in which forces create movement in objects - for example, that some movement results from an imbalance between forces, and some from the release of stored energy. They will learn the two basic types of forces that cause movement. The first is called a contact force such as a push or pull between surfaces that are in direct contact. The second type of force is non-contact such as a magnetic or gravitational force. In addition, the study of forces will enable students to expand their understanding of control by designing and making devices that use a form of energy and can apply a force to another object.
- The Kingfisher Science Encyclopedia (J REF 503 KIN )
- Forces and Movement in the Real World (J 531 MUL)
A Crash Course in Forces and Motion with Max Axiom (J 531.11 Soh)
Follow the adventures of super scientist, Max Axiom, in this fun and educational graphic non-fiction book.
- Science I Need to Know: Acceleration, Gravity, Force, Inertia, Motion, Position (DVD) (J 531 SCI )
- Magnetism and Electricity: The Broken Toy Car (J 537 SOH)
Forces and Friction (J 531 RIL)
What makes things fall to the ground? How does a parachute work? Find out with factual information and practical investigation, diagrams and summaries of each topic.
Forces and Movement (J 531.6 ROB)
Learn the science behind friction, gravity, different types of forces and how machines use forces. Includes diagrams, questions and answers and a Glossary.
Forces & Simple Machines (J 621.8078 RIC)
Hands-on projects to help you learn the key concepts of forces and simple machines.
- Magnetism (J 538 GRA)
- The Gripping Truth about Forces and Motion (J 531.11 BIS)
- The Attractive Truth about Magnetism (J 538 SWA)
Gravity (J 531.14 MAN)
Learn the science of gravity with easy reading text and colour photography. Includes a Glossary, On The Web section and Index.
- Forces and Motion through Infographics (J 530 ROW)
- Forces and Motion (J 531.6 GRA)
Magnets and Sparks (J 538.078 MAD)
16 Easy-to-follow experiments for learning fun. Find out how electricity and magnetism work!
Découvre les Aimants (J FRENCH 538.4 KRE)
Discover magnets! This picture book briefly describes the discovery of magnets and provides different experiments to show what magnets can do.
Les Forces, C’est Quoi? (J FRENCH 531.11 MAS)
Explore force and movement in this simple picture book with fun, easy experiments. From the Explique-Moi Les Sciences series. Includes a section for teachers or parents, a glossary, and an index.
- Give it a Push! Give it a Pull!: A look at forces (J 531.6 BOO)
- All About Magnets [DVD] (J 538.4 ALL)
- All About Forces & Gravity [DVD] (J 531.14 ALL)
- Forces and Motion Science Fair Projects: Using water balloons, pulleys, and other stuff (J 531.6078 GAR )
Forces and Motion: From push to shove (J 531.6 COO )
Did you know, with the right kind of force, one person can lift an entire car with one hand? The world of physical science is explored by using colour photographs, diagrams, and simple experiments.
Motion (J 531.11078 LAU )
Fascinating facts and scientific theory join “forces” to make learning about motion fun. Clear and comprehensive explanations reveal the amazing science behind momentum, speed, and acceleration. Learn about Newton’s Third Law by making a “rocket car” and a “gas-propelled speedboat,”. Adult assistance required.
Amazing Forces and Movement (J 531.6 HEW)
Large colourful photographs help to explain basic concepts such as “Elastic and springs,”, “Start and stop,”, and “Rubbing together,”. The “Your Turn!” section encourages the reader to independently try out simple demonstrations. A glossary and index are included.
- Bill Nye The Science Guy Momentum [DVD format] (J 531.6 BIL)
- Forces and Motion (J 531.6 GRA)
- All About Motion & Balance [DVD] (J 531.11 ALL)
Experiment With Movement (J 531.11 MUR)
Explore basic scientific principles such as gravity, using pulleys and levers, and how gears work. Large colour photographs and easy-to-do experiments encourage the reader to have fun with science. Put on your thinking cap and get moving!
- Forces [DVD] (J 531.1 FOR)
Magnetism: An investigation (J 538 STR)
Discover the world of magnets with these investigations. This book answers fundamental questions using evidence and investigations. Includes colour photography, a section for further investigation, glossary, index and web sites.
Magnets (J 538.4078 TAY)
From the, ’Science Explorer’ series, this book features six cool experiments with magnets! Includes a Glossary, Index and Further Information resources.
- Levers (J 621.811 GLO 2006)
- Forces and Motion (J 531.11 EVA)
- Forces and Motion: the best start in science (J 531.6 Twi)
Gravity: Forces and Motion (J 531.14078 LYN)
This book includes experiments and activities you can do yourself.
- Steam Power [DVD] (J 621.1 WAY)
Super Cool Mechanical Activities with Max Axiom (J 621.078 ENZ)
Includes several experiments involving forces and motion.
- Super Cool Forces and Motion Activities with Max Axiom (J 531.6078 BIS)
- Force and Motion (J 531.6 COU)